Title: Listen! Hear!! The Bamboos Live!!!
Year Of Release: 2008
Label: Tru Thoughts
Genre: Jazz / Funk / Soul
Quality: FLAC (tracks) / MP3
Total Time: 46:35 min
Total Size: 298 MB / 106 MB
01. Intro – Jan Jan/Sing A Simple Song/Lickin Stick/Root Down [04:00]
02. The Bamboos Theme [04:17]
03. Another Day in the Life Of Mr Jones [03:07]
04 The Witch [03:46]
05. Step It Up (feat. Kylie Auldist) [04:39]
06. I Don’t Wanna Stop (feat. Kylie Auldist) [03:45]
07. Bring It Home (feat. Kylie Auldist) [07:05]
08. Interlude: Hot Pants Break Down/Captain Buckles/Upstairs On Boston Road/Ghetto Funk/Sister Janie [04:52]
09. My Baby’s Cheating (I Sure Got That Feeling) (feat. Kylie Auldist) [03:19]
10. Never Did I Stop Loving You (feat. Kylie Auldist) [03:56]
11. Amen Brother [03:43]
Guitar – Lance Ferguson
Vocals – Kylie Auldist
Drums – Daniel Farrugia
Keyboards – Ben Grayson
Bass – Yuri Pavlinov
Trumpet, Tambourine – Ross Irwin
Tenor Saxophone – Anton Delecca
Baritone Saxophone – Phil Noy
The Bamboos are Australia’s masters of raw Funk and super-heavy Soul. Led by guitarist Lance Ferguson (AKA Lanu), other members include Kylie Auldist (Vocals), Danny Farrugia (Drums), Yuri Pavlinov (Bass), Stevie Hesketh (Hammond Organ), Anton Delecca (Tenor Saxophone/Flute), Phil Noy (Baritone Saxophone) and Ross Irwin (Trumpet).
The Bamboos formed in 2001 and released the 7" single “Eel Oil/Blackfoot”, earning them international acclaim from the likes of Mr Scruff, Patrick Forge and Jazzanova. Their next release “Tighten Up/Voodoo Doll” was signed by Kenny Dope (Masters At Work) and Keb Darge (Legendary Deep Funk) for their US based imprint Kay-Dee Records. Making their home at the UK’s Tru Thoughts records in 2005, The Bamboos’ debut album ‘Step it Up’ was released jointly by Tru Thoughts and Ubiquity Records (US) in 2006. The second Bamboos long-player ‘Rawville’ was released in 2007 and was described by IDJ Magazine (U.K) as " …arguably the finest Funk album of the modern era".
The Bamboos have toured Europe and the U.K three times with sell-out shows at esteemed venues including The Jazz Cafe in London and countries including Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and Ireland.
They have also performed as a backing band for international artists including Eddie Bo (US), Syl Johnson (US), Joe Bataan (US), Eddie Floyd (US), Betty Harris (US), Alice Russell & The Quantic Soul Orchestra (UK).